Do you want to know more about Telegram supergroups? If you’ve been asked to upgrade your group to a supergroup on Telegram, or you’re interested in the extra perks that come with being in a supergroup, then read on for our guide.
In this article, we’ll explain what Telegram supergroups are and how they differ from regular groups. We’ll also share instructions on creating supergroups and tell you how to upgrade regular groups to super groups Finally, we’ll answer the most common questions related to the topic, starting with: “How To Create a Supergroup in Telegram?”
As we move along, we’ll share everything you need to know about supergroups on Telegram.
What Is a Supergroup on Telegram?
Table of Contents
In simple terms, a supergroup on טלגראס ישראל is a community with a higher member capacity than an ordinary group. It can be used as a news channel, a place to share work updates, or a forum – just to name a few examples.. Supergroups are optimized to manage large communities easily, thanks to the introduction of admins. Only the admins can make major changes to the supergroup. Regular users can only delete their own messages. There are more distinctions between regular groups and supergroups in Telegram, but we’ll get to that later.
Create a New Supergroup
You can’t create a supergroup right away on Telegram. Instead, you must create a regular group and convert it to a supergroup later. Here’s how to add a new group and upgrade it:
- Tap “New Group.”
- Tap on the names of contacts you wish to add to your group and enter a group name.
- If you would rather have a channel with unlimited members that messages instead of a supergroup, you can follow the instructions below:
- Open the Telegram app and tap on the blue pencil icon at the bottom of your screen.
- In order to create a new channel, tap “New Channel.”
- You will then be asked to select people from your contact list to join the channel. Simply tap on the desired contact names.
- After you have selected all the users you want to join the channel, confirm your choices by tapping the checkmark.
- Now give your supergroup a name and tap the checkmark in the upper right corner to confirm.
You will be taken to the “Channel Settings” page where you can set the privacy settings of your supergroup and edit the shareable link.
Tap the checkmark icon to confirm your changes.
Update a Group to Supergroup
Updating your group to a supergroup is easy and only takes a few steps! Here’s what you need to do:
- When the 200-member limit is reached, navigate to the group management page by tapping the group name at the top of the group chat.
- You’ll see a prompt informing you that the member limit was reached. Tap “Update to supergroup.”
- The group will be instantly upgraded to a supergroup – no need to confirm the step!