One of the reasons why bakeries worldwide are earning much more revenue than any other kind of business is because they can offer their customers what they want. They continuously look into bringing up something new or unique to offer their broad customer base. Their innovative research and development team looks into what a customer wants and offers them something that matches their expectations. One such preference which has recently taken the baking industry by the storms is veganism. Vegan people restrain themselves from consuming dairy or animal products to stop the cruelty or exploitation of animals. In response to this, bakers have come up with a great idea of vegan cakes. Vegan cakes are baked in the same way but by substituting ingredients like milk, butter and eggs. One can get these cakes in different flavours and kinds. One can choose to order cake online in Hyderabad or wherever they are residing or bake a vegan cake independently. Here’s an easy vegan cake recipe that you can try to bake on your loved one’s birthday, anniversary, and other special occasions. Or else you can bake this cake just to satiate your sweet cake cravings! Get your pens and diary ready as you make a note of this easy-to-make vegan cake recipe.
Ingredients for the cake:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil OR melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
Ingredients for frosting:
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups earth balance vegan butter, softened, baking sticks preferred
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
Let’s Start Baking!
- Start by preheating the oven at 350 degrees F and meanwhile grease two 9 inch baking pans. And line them up with parchment paper.
- Take 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk and add the tablespoon of vinegar to it. Let it curdle as you set it aside.
- Now take a large bowl and pour flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix them until well combined.
- Add oil, applesauce, vanilla and almond milk/vinegar mixture. Mix all these ingredients in medium speed until well combined.
- Pour some boiling water into the batter and continue mixing it. The batter should turn out to be runny in its consistency.
- Now divide this batter into two baking pans equally. And bake for about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Put the cake on a wire rack and let it cool completely before you start with its frosting.
- Now for the frosting, take cacao powder and softened vegan butter in a bowl. Whisk these two ingredients together until light and fluffy.
- Add half of the powdered sugar and almond milk and keep mixing. Then add the rest of the powdered sugar and almond milk. Continue mixing it.
- Using a spatula or knife, add this frosting to your cake and serve it to your friends and family.
So, this was an easy chocolate vegan cake recipe that you surely worth your try. So what’s the wait for? Don, your baker’s hat, gather the ingredients and start baking an ultimate chocolate decadence but this time 100% vegan. Don’t forget to share this recipe with you baking aficionado friends and family members.
Be a proud Vegan! 🙂