On December 2, 2020, a new Evolutions set was released in the United States. Thus drawing a line under the sixth generation of the Pokémon card game contained 2 years and 14 sets. Yes, the sixth generation turned out to be a little ambiguous: on the one hand, most of its life, the world format was dominated by decks. That everyone wanted to incinerate with a glance, on the other hand. The sixth-generation gave us quite a few cards that have become associated with generation XY – Pokémon-EX. Here you will get a complete guide about the most expensive pokemon card of all time.
The Moscow Pokémon CCI League begins a series of articles to pay our last respects to XY. Who has become a family for many? Today we have prepared an article for you in a format that is a little unusual. For you and us: a little earlier, Skylight, Moolt, Raymond, Arb0s, and Mitya Orekhanov prepared. Their personal list of the 5 best EX 6th generation Pokémon. And then arranged them in order from 1 to 5 places. After that, each Pokemon was awarded 1 point if he finished fifth to 5 points if he took first place. The points were then calculated, and thus the top 5 Pokémon-EX were ranked. According to the Moscow TCG Pokémon League! Are you already interested? To us, personally – yes!
Most expensive pokemon card
Darkray EX and Lucario EX
First of all, it should be said that Lucario EX completely dominated. The Russian metagame during the first year of its existence. The Lucario EX deck with Crobats took the first two places in the Russian national tournament in 2015. This deck was also moderately popular in the world. However, Landorus EX from the 5th generation was used more often there.
Darkrai EX from the BreakPoint set is a clear indication that a good Pokemon will not be lost. Many probably remember his older brother – DarkRay EX from the Dark Explorers set, 5th generation. So, from the moment of its release, Darkrai EX has become a cornerstone in two decks. Darkrai – Giratina, which, since its output is in the top five decks of the format. As well as versions with dark Pokémon in the expansion of world format, which, again, is considered almost the best deck in this format.
Also Read: Florida Man September 29
Raymond: “ Giratina EX is one of the few maps that I can say,“ The developers wanted to make this map good.” In Giratiny was a lot of positive qualities. Her talent blocked ALL attack effects, including damage from enemy mega-evolutions. Many mega-evolutionary decks used the sorceress specifically against Giratina. Giratina’s “Wheel of Chaos” attack hit by 100 and prevented the opponent from using Stadium cards, tools, and SPECIAL ENERGIES (and these are double colorless energies, double dragon energies, special combat energies, etc.) from the hand in the next turn. This attack terrified decks that only played with special energies, such as ” Night March ” or “Vespiquin-Wileplum.”
Cartoon: “ Giratina EX has a lot – protection from newfangled mega evolutions, a block for special energies, tools, and stadiums. The first two (and sometimes the last) can allow Giratina EX to win the game alone against certain decks. Therefore, at first glance, the cost of her attack is too high. At second glance, there are only 2 special energies, but this makes Giratina EX vulnerable to hammers and Jirachi. ”
Also Read: What is the best alternative to Cable TV?
Skylight: “ Huppa EX is absolutely a prerequisite for any deck that contains other EXs. Searching for three other EXs for free is very powerful, perhaps too powerful for any format. Undisputedly one of the best EX format Pokémon.
Cartoon: “ If you play with a deck on EX-ah, then you have to include Huppu there. Her talent is too cool. For one ultra ball, we are looking for as many as 3 Pokémon, not counting the very Huppa EX. Yes, she can be dragged to an asset where she is harmless. But this is actually not a problem at all. And removing her from the game is easy, too, if you’re playing Aza, Parallel City, or Mega Garda with Despair Ray. We have a lot of pluses and not so many minutes. ”
Also Read: Voice Changer For Discord
Skylight: “ Seismitode right off the bat became a threat to be reckoned with. And it’s not even about any crazy damage, which the frog, by the way, is deprived of. The fact is that the ban on the play of item cards through the attack has returned to the format along with the Furious Fist! Perhaps the most infuriating condition infuriates even more if applied through a Pokémon with 180 hit points. And which comes along with 30 damage. In short, the Seismithode was a thunderstorm of the standard format for a year and a half. And after rotation, it is generally played in the amount of one in 90% of the extended standard decks. ”
Raymond: “ Seismithoud EX was one of the main reasons why Lysander’s Trump Card was banned, as Seismithoud kept hitting and hitting, his double colorless energies were returning from the discard to the deck, and hammers and lasers were returning, and Slerpuff from the Ghost Powers helped everything. Find it. The decks on the Seismithoud EX have won national tournaments, both in Russia and in the USA. ”
Cartoon: “ The easiest way to block objects in the opponent’s hand with an attack – Seismithoud EX had never lost its relevance since its release, especially in the beginning, when there was Hypnotoxic Laser. Even without them – the item looks for one energy card is very strong. And don’t remind me of those dark times where SeismithOde EX and Lysander’s Trump Card were. ”
Mitya: “ SIMPLY THE BEST MAP OF THE ERA. At first, it seems like 110 hp and 30 damage … Well, so-so. But! The ability allows you to reach a hand of up to 6 cards, which is very strong, and if you look at the attack again, you can understand that you can finish off opponents and take Shamin into your hand with its help. ”
Raymond: “ Of course, the card that has turned the whole meta over since its release and that is played in 2 pieces in at least 99% of decks deserves first place. The Shaymin-EX talent allows you to draw up to 6 cards every time you put Shaymin from your hand into the supply. This speeds up the pace of the game dramatically, which is a must for almost all decks. Thanks to this one card, ” Night March ” turned from a Rogue deck into the horror that made Standard suffer for 2 years. ”
Cartoon: “ That exceptional case where EX with 110HP (disgusting combination) becomes the best card in the game and a wallet destroyer. Shaymin EX takes cards too well and makes decks faster and more stable – that is, better. Why did they print this Pokemon and make the game more expensive? ”
Skylight: “ I think no one had any doubts about who would come first. Shaymin EX is the absolute best Pokémon-EX Gen 6, even if he is a Support Pokémon.
Most expensive pokemon card CCI for beginners
Sometimes it is sad to realize that things that are new to us have existed abroad for decades. The Pokémon collectible card game is one of those things. It was possible to get a deck or two earlier, but the overseas game’s high price, coupled with the language barrier, stopped many.
But Nintendo, having begun expansion into the Russian market, brought not only its consoles and video games, but also cards. And it was a damn good movie. Although the popularity of “Pokemon” in our country does not match the franchise’s success in the United States, many people love and remember it. Also, the niche of collectible card games for children and teenagers is empty.
The rules of the game are straightforward. There are three types of cards in the game: trainers, energy, and Pokémon. The former performs functions similar to spells, items, and zones in other games: they carry out certain actions under the right conditions. Energy gives pocket monsters the power to carry out different commands. Moreover, the type of energy required depends both on the Pokemon and on the chosen action.
The game has several interesting nuances. Pokémon may have weakness or resistance to certain elements. They may retreat, fall asleep, be burned, paralyzed, or poisoned. But the games are still fast and easy. Playing with a starter deck is highly dependent on luck, but you can compensate for this by building your own deck from themed sets and boosters. A strong deck will take an investment of time and money, but that’s the rule of the genre. At the same time, a collector’s vein can manifest itself. If you treat cards like trapped Pokémon, you will definitely want to collect them all.
Factors that determine the value of Pokemon Cards
- Presence of extra symbols or words after the name. On the most expensive pokemon card, the level appears after the name. Others instead carry special symbols. These cards can be worth up to a few hundred euros. Scarce cards called “SP” (Special Pokemon) have their names followed by stylized letters.
- Older cards. The cards with “Wizard of the Coast” on the bottom are from 1999 or early 2000. These cards printed right after the game’s release are particularly valuable.
- Holographic cards. Holographic cards have a shimmering layer on top of the card design, while reverse holographic cards are shimmery all over the design.
- Serial number. Another way to identify a special and therefore valuable card is to check the serial number in the lower right corner. It is important to keep in mind that secret rares have a higher serial number than the total number of cards printed in that series. If the serial number starts with “SH,” the card is a type of “Shiny Pokemon,” and they are reverse holographic cards.
- Card conditions. A card is considered to be in perfect or near-perfect condition if it has no visible marks on both sides, except small white marks on the edges.
- Other signs of value. Some of the special and extra-rare promotional cards are unusual and valuable. For example, the “Full Art” cards have a design covering the whole card, with the text printed on it or even. The World Champions cards that have a different back from the normal ones, highly coveted by collections and fans of the genre.
The rarest Pokemon Cards: Most Expensive Pokemon Card
Pokemon is one of the most influential transmedia products of the nineties generation, and rare Pokemon cards can be worth a small fortune.
- Known as one of the oldest cards out there, Pokemon Illustrator is the most expensive pokemon card collector’s holy grails. Only very few copies exist in the world. The peculiarity lies in writing “Illustrator” instead of “Trainer,” ol, there is a symbol pen.
- Pokémon Snap / Pokémon Art Academy cards. No value has been established for Pokémon Snap cards due to the small number of copies printed. Pokémon Art Academy cards feature 100 designs selected during a contest held between 2014 and 2015.
- Shaymin EX (Set Roaring Skies). A card much desired by players, so much so that they have come to cost a lot, due to its usefulness during tournaments. A real thorn in the side for anyone who finds it in front.
- Manager Cards (Number 1 to Number 3) / World Championship. These special cards literally drive collectors and fans of the genre crazy. Difficult to estimate their value, so rare are these cards. In fact, the only way to get them was to win Pokémon card tournaments. For this reason, whoever owns them jealously guards them.
- Raichu Pre-release. A printing error with an estimated value of 9,000 euros. Of the 100 created, only a dozen seem to have remained in circulation.
- Espeon with the star. Being able to obtain it was not such an easy undertaking, and few had it. Their estimated value is 1,580 euros.
- Cards with stars. They are scarce cards. At most, one came out per box. The rarest were those of the Eevee evolutions, in particular those released in Japan. As they were prizes only for members of the Pokémon Player Club.
How to find rare Pokemon cards: Most Expensive Pokemon Card.
Expanding or starting your most expensive pokemon card collection with rare. And valuable cards have become effortless thanks to online auctions. Where passionate visitors of the genre worldwide are ready to sell or buy the most expensive Pokemon cards.
Online auctions are an excellent way to access previously unreachable markets. And it is a market that is open to trading round the clock, 365 days a year. However, it is important to choose the right intermediary who can be reliable and serious. One online auction platform that meets all these characteristics is certainly Catawiki, the fastest growing auction house in Europe. Catawiki is the perfect place for true enthusiasts to buy and sell exceptional items without worries and in complete safety.
Catawiki boasts over 14 million unique visitors worldwide and offers over 65,000 auction items every week. At Catawiki, bidders from all over the world compete for thousands of extraordinary items. Not found everywhere, comfortably seated on the sofa at home. On Catawiki, you will always find something unique, something that speaks about you, a collection that you are passionate about.
Auctions are open to everyone. Weekly auctions start every Friday and end on a set day the following week. So you’ll always know when to place your winning bid. Winners pay for what they offer via a secure payment service and then receive the seller’s item.
Participating in Catawiki’s online auctions is very easy, totally free, and without obligation. Just register by filling out a simple form. There are many advantages that Catawiki offers. You have to experience the thrill of online auctions in complete safety and protected by industry experts.