Patio furniture has become a necessity for most of us as we all want to spend some memorable moments outdoors with our family. To enjoy the summer days we make sure to arrange a seating space for everyone to have lunch or dinner with. After such a gathering we fail to take care of those belongings that helped us to enjoy such quality time and when it’s time to use that furniture for arranging a garden party or to throw a birthday bash, it takes a hell of a lot of time to clean them and make them ready for use. Sometimes damages are so permanent that even after cleaning with great effort doesn’t make the furniture look as elegant as when you got it first. Let’s see why you shouldn’t leave your outdoor table uncovered.
Damages likely to occur
- Sun damage: The sun rays can cause the color of the furniture to fade away giving it a shabby appearance. The wood-built chairs and tables become weak due to the prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Water damage: Who likes to sit on a soaked chair, even more, when it has cushions? Water leaves behind stains that are very tough to remove. Materials like wood can rot and metal can gather rust that can do significant damage to the furniture.
- Damage from dirt and leaves: If patio furniture is left uncovered it surely will gather dirt and dust in no time. If you have placed it under a tree then the fallen leaves will accumulate on them. During spring, pollen can be a problem as they settle on any surface very easily. It takes a lot of time to clean them.
- Damage caused by animals and insects: Bird droppings on your outdoor table won’t be a pleasant sight for anyone. Squirrels can be a nuisance at times as they tend to nibble on the soft objects thus creating holes in them.
So, using an outdoor table cover or a single cover meant for the whole set of furniture (as per your preference) becomes very important.
Types of table cover you can choose from
- Readymade slip-on table covers: These types of covers are available in the market very easily. You can choose the color, pattern, and fabric according to your requirement. If you have a regular set of outdoor furniture then this would be the go-to cheapest option.
- Customized table covers: This is the best option if you have invested quite an amount in purchasing patio furniture. The manufactures are offering to make customized covers based on the details given by you. You get to choose the fabric, color, and tie-downs. If you want you can add other accessories like airbags but that will be separately charged. Some of the companies even give you the option of uploading the image for your furniture to provide you with the best-fitted customized covers. You even get a warranty period for these products. All you have to do is avail them with accurate measurements.
Whether you want to purchase separate covers for each of the chairs and table or you want a single piece for the whole set that solely depends on you. So, go ahead and buy the covers to keep your outdoor furniture looking pristine years after years.